Subject: ScreamerNET
From: Dave Carlton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 07:17:15 EDT

-
   The Raptor makes life a little easier. At least results can be seen
in a minimal amount of time.  We have one Raptor now and we have
successfully got two machines using it (each machine gets one of the
RAPTOR CPUs.  One drawback is that we can't get the RAPTOR to function
when we run ENLAN DFS (if anyone has gotten both running at the same
time please don't keep it to yourself (we have unecessary copies of
objects scenes on all our machines (makes things a little disorganized).
 
According to the display I see when invoking the SCREAMERNET portion of
Layout, it looks as though you can have only 4 RAPTORS, as each raptor
takes up two addresses on the NETWORK; and the ScreamerNET is a 8 machine
license.  
 
If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask.. we have everything
running smoothly besides the conflicts with ENLAN and ScreamerNET running
at the same time.
 
Mark
-MATRIX PRODUCTIONS-